Running the race of life: Preparing to be a Deacon

Running the race of life

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Preparing to be a Deacon

I haven't written much about it because its always seemed far away, but now its starting to really hit me, "I'm going to be ordained at the end of this month!"

I'm excited to be ordained a deacon on May 27th in Loretto, Pennsylvania. I truly feel this is a privilege and a call that will continue to unfold. I am excited to serve the Church and continue to grow into my vocation.

Please pray for my brother friars who will be ordained as well (One friar to priesthood and two of us to the transitional diaconate).

6 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Wow, this a great news! Thank you for sharing it. What a special time in your life! May the blessings be many!!!

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger Paula said...

Glad to hear this.May you have a blessed journey.We pray for you and your brothers.

Peace.

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Chris T. said...

Congratulations! I just had my ordination to the transitional diaconate in the independent sacramental movement this past weekend, and it was an incredible experience. I still haven't really come down from it—I must have been caught up "in the third heaven" as Paul says. ;-)

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger DilexitPrior said...

First things first, congratulations! What an exciting time for you! I will keep you in my prayers.

I get to go to the ordination to the priesthood of a friend next week. I'm really looking forward to it. It's the first time I'll be at an ordination to the priesthood.

In the archdiocese I live in there are five deacons preparing for ordination to the priesthood in the coming month. It's the most ordinations we've had in a long long long long time.

By the way, what's the 'independent sacramental movement'?

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Chris T. said...

Everyone seems to ask that question!

The best way I can describe the independent sacramental movement is that it's a bunch of small, sacramental churches with clergy in the apostolic succession that are not in communion with Rome, Canterbury, or the Eastern patriarchs. My bishop, John Plummer, wrote a book called "The Many Paths of the Independent Sacramental Movement" that I recommend to folks who are interested in learning more; they're currently printing the second ed. which should be available on Amazon soonish. The first ed. is sold out, I believe.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Athanasius contra mundo said...

Congratulations on the upcoming ordination!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home